Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Some things, like a descriptive and evocative title.

So. That plan I had last week of not calling Maggie? It was a dumb plan, dumb dumb dumb, and I have abandoned it. In fact we chatted just now and she said she'd thought of calling me, so heck that's good enough in my book. As far as what we'll do next I have no idea, except that she's busier then I am so it'll be her schedule I need to be fitted to. Which means I don't need to make a plan, which is great because I'm lazy and I have a tendency not to follow my designs.

So that could turn out all right, I'm patient and generally optimistic.

I've decided I should spend less time on the computer. Specifically 100% less time on City of Villains until it decides to be fun again. Or Sam gets back to Dakota or which ever D state he's from. You know, whatever comes first. I had a pretty extensive reasoning worked out for why I didn't like the game anymore but it probably comes down to me being burned out and bored. I also don't think I'm likely to head back to World of Warcraft and with those timesinks out of the way maybe I'll finally get a chance to catch up on my reading.

Boss lady is flying back to Germany for some efficient family fun, and in the meantime she's learning me a lot of new techniques for all the projects I'll be doing while for that week and half. This is good for me, except that once she's gone and I screw up (it's a statistical certainty) I'll be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off only instead of a chicken it'll be a mouse and I won't be the one running around. You laugh sure...but it's happened...and it's pretty freaky.

The article still isn't done or maybe it is and I'm just not in the loop. Things are kinda confused at work right now since the boss boss is back with his parents tending to a sudden family emergency for an indeterminate amount of time.

I'm considering wallpapering my room with pages from old science fiction books. Hmmm.

No comments: